Monday, December 8, 2008

Good News Brings Great Changes

The publisher who was so excited to read my novel unfortunately turned down publishing it with rave reviews. They said it was worth getting on the shelves and out to the public, but they didn't think that they were the ones to do it.

Since then I have been reviewing my book with other readers and editors and am getting great ideas on how to make my book even better and tighten up a few loose ideas. At first I was a bit depressed that there was more to do on it - which means another draft (I'm up to eight) - but now I am stoked and excited because the changes will be cool.

In the meantime, I've jotted several interesting premises for future novels. I don't know how authors do it. I have so many thoughts that I'm excited about and I'm trying to figure out how you write multiple books at a time while balancing a growing family. I haven't figured it out yet, but I'm not giving up. For anyone else out there in the same boat let me know how you are working your way through these battles as well.

See you out in the dreamscape and have a most fantabulous Holiday Season!

No comments: