Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Contest Finalist

Whohoo!!! I few weeks ago I submitted the first page of the first chapter of the Nedaran Prophecy to the 1st Annual Aboslutely Write First Page Contest. The idea is that it is the first page that determines whether or not an agent will ask for more of your manuscript. Last week I got the fantastic news that we earned 2nd Place for the Adult Fantasy Genre. I am SO excited.

One of the wonderful side effects of entering contests (other then the absolute excitement of placing) is the feedback the judges provide in return. Stephanie and I are now finalizing the latest draft of the book to enter two more contests. I'll let you know how it goes.

In the meantime, keep on writing and seriously consider entering your own work in whatever contests you can find. It is worth it.

No comments: