Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Results of Writer's Conference

This last weekend I had a fantastic time at the League of Utah Writer's Conference that was held at the Homestead Resort in Midway, Utah. I love being able to listen to the variety of keynote speakers, and to learn at the feet of a wide range of published authors.

I was able to take a way a lot of good information from the conference, but the best thing was to realize that I have already accomplished at least two-thirds of all the recommendations I was given. I did meet with an agent for New York and an editor from Maryland and, even though I realized before going into meet with them that we weren't a good fit, I was grateful for the chance to practice my pitch as well as get some great feedback.

So keep your eyes out of the next several days/weeks as I will post some of my notes & findings from this conference. I hope you will find this information as helpful/hopeful as I did. In the meantime, please keep up your efforts on writing and never give up the dream. Good Luck!

No comments: