Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Joy, Pain & Opportunity

Wow, it has been nearly two weeks since I've posted anything, but with good reason. One of the few things women are told when they become pregnant with their first child is the strain that can happen on her back after the baby comes while taking care of that little bundle of blessing. I cherish my daughter. We worked and waited a long time to have her in our lives, however, I should have prepared myself for the sleepless nights on the couch with a child who does not feel well. If you don't lay just right you can find yourself in the morning with a strained back. So many wonderful people have helped out tremendously with doctors appointments and with my daughter.

So in those quite moments when my sweet angel is taken care of and I'm resting on the couch icing down my back, I take a moment to be thankful for the difficult parts of life that bring us round about opportunities. Because I had hurt my back I now have met some wonderful people in this new town that we live in. Plus, because of an injured back, being forced to rest on my couch with ice and a hard book behind my back (yes books can be multi-purposed - though I still prefer reading them the best), I responded to a friend to join a chat room (first time for everything). Now as a result of that chat room I have been asked to consider providing a short story for an on-line magazine that reaches readers world wide and they agreed to help promote my book, and this website if I am published. It is a strange and wonderful thing where opportunities can come from trials. We just have to be looking for them and be open to accepting them.

So my advice for the day...if life is rough, then look out for the opportunity that is hidden in all of that mess to make your life better. Good Luck! I am rooting for you!

No comments: