Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Rapunzel's Revenge

On Saturday my family and I attended the Rapunzel's Revenge release party. For anyone who doesn't know about Rapunzel's Revenge check out Shannon Hale's blog http://oinks.squeetus.com/

It was a great turn out and not only did we get to meet Shannon and her husband Dean (who co-authored the book with her - both very friendly people) and Nathan Hale (the artist) we were able to meet several other wonderful authors that joined in the fun:

- James Dashner (13th Reality)
- Ann Cannon (Loser's Guide to Life and Love)
- Jessica Day George (Dragon Flight)
- Mette Ivie Harrison (Princess and the Hound)
- Kimberly Heuston (The Book of Jude)
- Sara Zarr (Sweethearts)

I must admit I was quite giddy to meet so many wonderful authors. I highly recommend that, if you ever have a favorite author come to your town, you should really go and meet them. It is so worth it.

No comments: