Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Two Down, More to Go

Whohoo!!!! Two short stories down and I've now been asked to write a few short stories for another magazine. I am finding that this is a wonderful experience to stretch myself and yet keep the brain focused on writing.

In the meantime, I've also been reviewing what I've already written for book two of the Nedaran Prophecy series. Already 49 pages written and every now and then I come across part of it that I wrote before I had my daughter and think "Wow, I wrote that?" I love that feeling. There is a certain exhilaration that comes from writing when you realize that it isn't a total piece of poo, but that some of it is really good. Then when you have finished the first draft you can go back and turn the good (mixed with poo) into absolute brilliance. Granted it might take a few tries, but the journey is a lot of fun.

My goal for this week is to finish reviewing what I've written so far for book two so that I can get going on writing the rest of it. I feel the story tugging and pulling at me during the day and even in my dreams at night. It's calling out to me begging for me to finish breathing life into it. Who can deny such a call when it comes to you.

Good luck in your own personal writing and don't give up. Your doing GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: